This has been my holy grail cookies recipe for quite a while. It’s chewy and has that old-fashion feel to it. I know for a fact that everyone who has tried it really enjoyed it, so here it is!
– 1/2 unsalted butter
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup brown sugar lightly packed
– 1 1/4 cup oats
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– pinch of salt
– 1 room temperature egg
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or maple syrup
– 3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F or 190°C.
2. Cream the butter and gradually add the sugars. Put aside.
3. Grind the oats. In a medium bowl, mix the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt (skip the salt if you’re using salted butter).
4. Incorporate the dry ingredients into the liquids.
5. Add the room temperature egg and the vanilla extract. Do not overmix.
6. Add the chocolate chips.
7. Bake your cookies for approximately 10 minutes.
* I like to scoop them onto a silicone sheet with an ice cream scooper. Use a new baking sheet for every new batch of cookies or let it cool down in between. Scooping cookie dough onto a warm baking sheet will keep the cookies from rising properly.